Instruments for success
College Preparedness and Career Pathways
Meets: Wednesdays, February 6, 2019 - April 10, 2019 4:00PM-6:00PM
Location: PSTV, 440 North Broad Street
The college application process can often be tricky and intimidating, but we can make it easier for you! Instruments for Success is an after-school program of workshops filled with information on every aspect of the college admissions process, from choosing the right college to writing compelling essays and preparing for auditions and interviews.
- Ten sessions each semester, plus parent workshops
- Finding the right college fit: conservatory, university or liberal arts college?
- How financial aid, scholarships and grants can make college affordable
- How to approach the SAT and ACT tests
- Writing a compelling college essay
- Preparing for college interviews
- One-on-one college counseling with a college specialist
- Life skills training
- Articulation of values, passions and goals
- Sessions for parents of potential music majors
- Exploration of 21st Century career paths in and connected to the field of music
Participation is limited to 30 students. Students who meet attendance and participation requirements are eligible to receive a stipend of up to $200/semester!
Click here for additional information on dates and instructors.
"My first eye opening experience was a series of social entrepreneurship workshops with Project 440"
- Allen L., NYO2 Violinist
"Through Project 440, I not only grew as a musician and performer, but also as an educator. I am very grateful for the invaluable lessons, opportunities, and experiences Project 440 has given me"
- Raymond Z., All City Bass Player