Project 440 Presents:
CHAMBER MUSIC Intensive program AT the
Philadelphia International Music Festival
Looking for ways to give back to your community through your music? Ever wonder how you could make your chamber music concerts more interesting for your audiences? Look no further! The Project 440 track at the Philadelphia International Music Festival (PIMF) is designed to train young musicians to serve their respective communities through interactive chamber music performance.
Members of Project 440, including Joseph Conyers, Assistant Principal Bass of The Philadelphia Orchestra, will present to a select group of outstanding students the hands-on, industry-specific mentoring and training necessary to enable young musicians to become successful, engaging, and compassionate artists – prepared to contribute to the vibrancy of their own communities through interactive chamber music performance and engagement.
While on the Project 440 track, students will participate in the full spectrum of PIMF events and activities, including private lessons, master classes and faculty recitals with members of the world-renowned Philadelphia Orchestra, daily orchestra rehearsals and music classes, private practice sessions, solo performance opportunities, festival competitions, and more.
As part of their Community Engagement training participants in the Project 440 Program at PIMF will also engage audiences through performances in hospitals, libraries, and at other community sites in and around the lovely Main Line town of Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. In addition, they will learn leadership and entrepreneurship skills that are essential tools for young people planning a career in classical music.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: Full Festival Meeting
- 9:45 a.m. -12:00 p.m.: Orchestra Rehearsal
- 12:00 p.m.: Lunch
- 12:50 – 1:50 p.m.: Intonation Training, Choir, Kreutzer Technique, Sight Reading, Jazz Ensemble, Conducting, Composition, Music History, Ear Training or Written Music Theory
- 2:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.: Required Private Practice
- 3:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.: Chamber Music Studies with Project 440.
- 5:30 p.m.: Dinner
- 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.: Evening Student Concerts and Faculty Recitals featuring members of The Philadelphia Orchestra, Master Classes, Competitions, Off-Campus trips to Philadelphia Orchestra concert(s) and to the Ocean City, New Jersey, boardwalk, Talent Show, Movie Night, and more!