Project 440 is an industry leader in preparing young musicians to use their musical gifts to transform lives and transform communities.
Our Programs ... educate | ideate | activate
INSTRUMENTS FOR SUCCESS
College Preparedness and Career Pathways
The college application process can often be tricky and intimidating, but we can make it easier for you! Instruments for Success is an after-school program of workshops filled with information on every aspect of the college admissions process, from choosing the right college to writing compelling essays and preparing for auditions and interviews.
- Ten sessions each semester, plus parent workshops
- Finding the right college fit: conservatory, university or liberal arts college?
- How financial aid, scholarships and grants can make college affordable
- How to approach the SAT and ACT tests
- Writing a compelling college essay
- Preparing for college interviews
- One-on-one college counseling with a college specialist
- Life skills training
- Articulation of values, passions and goals
- Sessions for parents of potential music majors
- Exploration of 21st Century career paths in and connected to the field of music
We have concluded registration for spring semester. Please check back in the fall for Fall IFS! Participation is limited to 30 Students.
Students who attend a minimum number of sessions will receive a $200 Stipend!
Doing Good - The A Team
Social Entrepreneurship and Community Engagement
Doing Good is an after school program that guides high school music students (the A-Team) interested in developing skills to give back to their communities. In semester one, the A-Team will learn the ins and outs of social entrepreneurship, leadership, and community engagement. Then in semester two, the A-Team will actualize both entrepreneurial and community performance projects. Highlights include:
- Curriculum developed by experts from across the country
- Exploration of the fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- Opportunities to develop leadership, communication, collaboration, and critical-thinking skills
- Building a "professional toolkit" for success
- Practical, hands-on experience developing social entrepreneurship projects and interactive performances that engage new audiences
- Advice and mentorship from industry leaders
- Entrepreneurship "Shark Tank" competition
- Access to coaching with accomplished professional musicians, teaching artists and other industry experts
- Heightened awareness of social responsibility and avenues for giving back
Participation is limited to 20 students!!
Students who attend at least 13 of the 15 sessions in the Fall/Winter will receive a stipend of $500!
"My first eye opening experience was a series of social entrepreneurship workshops with Project 440." - Allen L., NYO2 Violinist
"Through Project 440, I not only grew as a musician and performer, but also as an educator. I am very grateful for the invaluable lessons, opportunities, and experiences Project 440 has given me." - Raymond Z., All City Bass Player
We have expanded our programs to include opportunities for all music students in the School District. Our Doing Good and Instruments for Success programs will be open to any music student in the District. Project 440 will also partner with individual schools with existing music programs to form small ensembles that will create and perform unique interactive performances.