Salary: $40,000 - $50,000 plus benefits
The Managing Director (MD) reports to the Executive Director (ED) and works in collaboration with the Program Director (PD) and board of directors and committees to ensure operational, financial, strategic, and programmatic sustainability and growth.
Leadership & Organizational Management
- Work closely with ED and board of directors to advance ongoing strategic planning process and implement current strategic goals.
- Work in close collaboration with the Project 440 Board of Directors to meet the goals of the organization.
- Plan, attend, and participate in each meeting of the Board of Directors, and Committee meetings as desired by Committee Chairs.
- Collaborate with PD to plan and implement programming.
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in staff meetings on a biweekly basis.
- Coordinate schedules between teaching artists, staff, and partnering organizations.
- Develop systems for managing all aspects of operations of the organization.
- In collaboration with Board of Directors, develop measures and tools for analysis of program effectiveness.
- Recruit and supervise interns and fellows.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending educational workshops and conferences, establishing a personal network.
Fundraising and Communications
- In conjunction with ED, identify and help cultivate individual donors and prospects, help plan special events and fundraisers.
- Coordinate with grant writer to complete grant applications, providing necessary information, language, budgets, and financial reports.
- Complete specific grant requests for institutional support.
- Maintain and promote Project 440’s relationships with partners and collaborative organizations, including government entities, community organizations, teaching artists, and staff.
- Maintain and update website, post to social media sites on a regular basis.
- Work to increase organization’s visibility and brand identity on local and national level, including marketing organizational events and activities, and creating an organizational newsletter.
- Keep accurate financial records, send monthly financial reports to the Board Treasurer, and keep ED apprised of financial state of the organization.
- In collaboration with ED, PD and Board of Directors, create and track budgets for operations, programs, and proposals for funders and partner organizations.
- Produce financial reports for meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Introduce proposed annual budgets for the Board of Directors as well as documents reflecting budget vs. actuals.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 2, 2018.